clarification

  • Gerald J. Sabo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2010
      Hi all,
      I just wanted to clarify my earlier email in which I forwarded Dusan Hudec's message asking for information about Americans of Slovak/Czech descent who had fought in Western/Central Europe in 1944 and 1945. In forwarding his original message I wanted us to see that Mr. Hudec was capable of understanding and communicating in English with anyone from Slovak-World by himself, and there was no need for me to be an intermediary for his requested information. Anyone can contact him directly at his email: <dusan.hudec@...>.
      My ulterior motive in including him with my earlier message and now is to alert him to perhaps creating a DVD of his documentary with English subtitles where necessary for various persons, among them Slovak-Americans, whose ability in Slovak is less than native or non-existent, and thereby broaden the appeal of any DVD on his topic and make some money. I would hope he would consider this. I suspect that most of us will not be in Slovakia in May of this year to view the final documentary on Slovak television.
      The Slovak Film Institute and the newspaper SME have been producing and selling DVDs with English subtitles of various Slovak films going from the 1990s to the 1960s/1950s which are quite reasonably priced. Two DVDs of especially newsreel footage have been made of the events of 1968 and 1989, especially in the Slovak area. Though these DVDs are in the PAL system, they are all-regional and so quite viewable on computer system DVD players.
      Mr. Hudec's DVD would be a good addition to DVDs already produced in Slovakia.
      Thanks for letting me explain myself better--Jerry Sabo.