Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Odd words used in Slovakia

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 71 , Jan 3, 2010
      O'K Ben,
      Watch Your language.:0) :0) :0)

      Pan oneho

      ________________________________
      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, January 3, 2010 10:05:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Odd words used in Slovakia

      Hey Ron,
      that word is "hups...." I could also teach you some, erm, other phrases to use in that situation. :-) Many start with the preposition "do..." as in "do kelu" or "do frasa." They only get worse from there.

      BTW, I wish I had known that your family is from Sulin when I met you this last November. We have family from there! It is certainly a small world...

      Ben

      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 25, 2013
        Somewhere in this thread "goral" mountaineers hats are mentioned. Just recently through a Facebook Friend in Slovakia I got myself one of these black hats decorated with shells, imitation shells of course. The hat was medium price and cost 20 Euros plus only 7 Euros to mail and it came within 6 days. These hats as well as "bavarian" hats can cost four or five times as much here. I will be wearing it with my embroidered Rusyn shirt on the last day of skiing here when everyone wears "costumes on the slopes.