Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Odd words used in Slovakia

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 71 , Jan 3, 2010
      I love the use of "Hey", find it charming. Seems the further you go east the more heys there are.  We always laughed when we had someone say not hey, once, not hey twice, but 3 heys said all in one breath  - a 3 hey day!

      helene

      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 25, 2013
        Somewhere in this thread "goral" mountaineers hats are mentioned. Just recently through a Facebook Friend in Slovakia I got myself one of these black hats decorated with shells, imitation shells of course. The hat was medium price and cost 20 Euros plus only 7 Euros to mail and it came within 6 days. These hats as well as "bavarian" hats can cost four or five times as much here. I will be wearing it with my embroidered Rusyn shirt on the last day of skiing here when everyone wears "costumes on the slopes.