  • Marycay Doolittle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2010
      We had a similar custom. A dark haired male had to be the first one into the house on New Year's Day. To make sure it would happen my mom would have my dad walk out of the house and then come back inside. I still do the same thing today, just habit I guess.

    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        That sounds the same as the Scottish Hogmanay tradition

        Nick