Re: [Slovak-World]

  • marilyn murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2009
      yes - it is a german tradition

      ________________________________
      From: Marycay Doolittle <marycayd@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, December 29, 2009 12:15:29 PM
      Subject: [Slovak-World]

      On New Year's Day we have a pork roast, also my mom's tradition. Her reasoning was that a pig goes forward which the new year does and it's the way we want to go. Fowl scratches backward where you don't want to go, so it was pork. Actually I think this may be an old Welsh tradition that she got from some of her friends, but I'm not sure. Anyone ever hear of it?