Slovak Pirohy, continued....

  • Paul Wolsko
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2009
      My dear Slovak wife (Kathie Yura) said to pass along this hint: Work sour cream (about 1/4 cup) into you pirohy dough (which is key to good pirohy). It keeps the dough moist...and always keep the ball under a bowl when working on a batch so it doesn't dry out. We never have then fall apart. For some reason, however, the Lekvar ones tend to fall apart more then the potato, but only one this year.

      Mrs T's? Forget about it!!

      Paul Wolsko
      Hopatcong, New Jersey