Book on Slovak kroje

    Message 1 of 71 , Dec 11, 2009
      I saw this book yesterday, when I went through a new shipment of Slovak and Czech books that had arrived just last week: < http://www.perfekt.sk/knihy-kroje >. It's in Slovak (unfortunately for most), but has lots of photos and drawings/paintings, and talks about men's, women's, and children's clothing, and some of the changes over time. It's organized by z~upa, and some of the chapters include a separate section on the local German communities. It's only 208 pages, which limits it, but it doesn't go into technical detail.

      All opinions my own
    • Art
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 25, 2013
        Somewhere in this thread "goral" mountaineers hats are mentioned. Just recently through a Facebook Friend in Slovakia I got myself one of these black hats decorated with shells, imitation shells of course. The hat was medium price and cost 20 Euros plus only 7 Euros to mail and it came within 6 days. These hats as well as "bavarian" hats can cost four or five times as much here. I will be wearing it with my embroidered Rusyn shirt on the last day of skiing here when everyone wears "costumes on the slopes.