Re: A suffix added to family names

  • votrubam
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 3, 2009
      > in the US (she did take and use her husband's name) might
      > have been part of her rebellion to the OVA thing

      Could you add more background, please, Caye? When she immigrated, how old, was she already married (or was she born here), did she marry here, when--on what occasion(s) did she express dissatisfaction with or rejected -ova? It's particularly interesting, because it's almost impossible to find accounts of people's take on -ova in the more distant past, while there must have been some who weren't too happy, perhaps many. Anything you recall will be useful, no matter how precise/imprecise.

      Martin
    • john aa
      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 16, 2010
        I selling books : PETROVEC (1745-1995); SLOVACI VO SVETE; Nazvy obci Slovenskej republiky...

        Jan from Zvolen
        slovensko00@ yahoo.com