Re: [Slovak-World] Re: A suffix added to family names

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 3, 2009

      Interesting, thanks Martin.  When the cousins came 2 summers ago -- I noticed on one of their stacks of CD's (recorded favorite television shows from the US broadcast on Slovak cable) a label "Alley McBealova" -- cracked me up.

      I want to think my grandmother's freedom in the US (she did take and use her husband's name) might have been part of her rebellion to the OVA thing -- she was quite an independent thing for her age/day -- didn't take to following rules very lightly.

      Caye

      Message 45 of 45 , Oct 16, 2010
        I selling books : PETROVEC (1745-1995); SLOVACI VO SVETE; Nazvy obci Slovenskej republiky...

        Jan from Zvolen
        slovensko00@ yahoo.com