Oblatky/oplatky

    Message 1 of 50 , Nov 5, 2009
      A couple of dictionaries that I checked give 'oblatky' and 'oplatky' as variants of the same word, and both mean wafer or host (religious). Is there any subtle distinction between the two words or any connotations that attach themselves?

      All mistakes and opinions my own
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 50 of 50 , Nov 9, 2009
        Oblaten is German