[Slovak-World] Re: Pcoline

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
      Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

      population:
      1869 -- 736
      1880 -- 729
      1890 -- 804
      1900 -- 913
      1910 -- 879
      1921 -- 912
      1930 -- 1,011
      1940 - 1,039
      1948 -- 894
      1961 -- 982
      1970 -- 958

      The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio.cz/en/article/72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

      I hope this helps.
      {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

      >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@...> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>
      Some names for the village over the past years were:

      Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

      The last name was the name given the village by the
      Magnarization in the early 20th century.

      Greg

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
        Helen = Information Goddess

        I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

        Simply amazing.  Can we clone her?

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
          Nah, I just know which book to go to. I put this one in the reference collection for a good reason.

          Your tax dollar$ at work,

          >>> LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...> 11/4/2009 2:20 PM >>>
          Helen = Information Goddess

          I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

          Simply amazing. Can we clone her?

          Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

          population:

          1869 -- 736

          1880 -- 729

          1890 -- 804

          1900 -- 913

          1910 -- 879

          1921 -- 912

          1930 -- 1,011

          1940 - 1,039

          1948 -- 894

          1961 -- 982

          1970 -- 958

          The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

          I hope this helps.

          {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

          >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>

          Some names for the village over the past years were:

          Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

          The last name was the name given the village by the

          Magnarization in the early 20th century.

          Greg

          --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

          > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.

          > Milan Olle

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
            Helen

            It almost makes Slovak-Americans eager to overpay their taxes.

            Thanks again,

            Greg

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
              I note the _almost_. ;-)

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                If she were single, I wouldn't file a return for a little bit of my own money back.

                ... almost.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                  Thank you. That helps! Especially the post WWII village devastation info. I was wondering why my grandparents house in Pcoline and my uncles house in Zaulzice had the same design. I guess it was a post war govn't funded rebuild plan?

                  ________________________________
                  Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

                  population:
                  1869 -- 736
                  1880 -- 729
                  1890 -- 804
                  1900 -- 913
                  1910 -- 879
                  1921 -- 912
                  1930 -- 1,011
                  1940 - 1,039
                  1948 -- 894
                  1961 -- 982
                  1970 -- 958

                  The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

                  I hope this helps.
                  {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

                  >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>
                  Some names for the village over the past years were:

                  Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

                  The last name was the name given the village by the
                  Magnarization in the early 20th century.

                  Greg

                  --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

                  > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.
                  >
                  > Milan Olle

                • Milan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 11, 2010
                    Are there any members from the village of Pcoline?

                    Milan