Re: Pcoline

  • gregory_kopchak
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
      Some names for the village over the past years were:

      Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

      The last name was the name given the village by the
      Magnarization in the early 20th century.

      Greg

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
        Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

        population:
        1869 -- 736
        1880 -- 729
        1890 -- 804
        1900 -- 913
        1910 -- 879
        1921 -- 912
        1930 -- 1,011
        1940 - 1,039
        1948 -- 894
        1961 -- 982
        1970 -- 958

        The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio.cz/en/article/72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

        I hope this helps.
        {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
          Helen = Information Goddess

          I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

          Simply amazing.  Can we clone her?

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
            Nah, I just know which book to go to. I put this one in the reference collection for a good reason.

            Your tax dollar$ at work,

            >>> LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...> 11/4/2009 2:20 PM >>>
            Helen = Information Goddess

            I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

            Simply amazing. Can we clone her?

            Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

            population:

            1869 -- 736

            1880 -- 729

            1890 -- 804

            1900 -- 913

            1910 -- 879

            1921 -- 912

            1930 -- 1,011

            1940 - 1,039

            1948 -- 894

            1961 -- 982

            1970 -- 958

            The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

            I hope this helps.

            {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

            >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>

            Some names for the village over the past years were:

            Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

            The last name was the name given the village by the

            Magnarization in the early 20th century.

            Greg

            --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

            > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.

            > Milan Olle

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
              Helen

              It almost makes Slovak-Americans eager to overpay their taxes.

              Thanks again,

              Greg

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                I note the _almost_. ;-)

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                  If she were single, I wouldn't file a return for a little bit of my own money back.

                  ... almost.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                    Thank you. That helps! Especially the post WWII village devastation info. I was wondering why my grandparents house in Pcoline and my uncles house in Zaulzice had the same design. I guess it was a post war govn't funded rebuild plan?

                    ________________________________
                    Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

                    population:
                    1869 -- 736
                    1880 -- 729
                    1890 -- 804
                    1900 -- 913
                    1910 -- 879
                    1921 -- 912
                    1930 -- 1,011
                    1940 - 1,039
                    1948 -- 894
                    1961 -- 982
                    1970 -- 958

                    The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

                    I hope this helps.
                    {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

                    >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>
                    Some names for the village over the past years were:

                    Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

                    The last name was the name given the village by the
                    Magnarization in the early 20th century.

                    Greg

                    --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

                    > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.
                    >
                    > Milan Olle

                  • Milan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 11, 2010
                      Are there any members from the village of Pcoline?

                      Milan