Pcoline

  • Milan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
      I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.

      Milan Olle
    • gregory_kopchak
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
        Some names for the village over the past years were:

        Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

        The last name was the name given the village by the
        Magnarization in the early 20th century.

        Greg

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
          Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

          population:
          1869 -- 736
          1880 -- 729
          1890 -- 804
          1900 -- 913
          1910 -- 879
          1921 -- 912
          1930 -- 1,011
          1940 - 1,039
          1948 -- 894
          1961 -- 982
          1970 -- 958

          The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio.cz/en/article/72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

          I hope this helps.
          {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
            Helen = Information Goddess

            I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

            Simply amazing.  Can we clone her?

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
              Nah, I just know which book to go to. I put this one in the reference collection for a good reason.

              Your tax dollar$ at work,

              >>> LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...> 11/4/2009 2:20 PM >>>
              Helen = Information Goddess

              I think the nameplate on her desk says something to that effect.

              Simply amazing. Can we clone her?

              Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

              population:

              1869 -- 736

              1880 -- 729

              1890 -- 804

              1900 -- 913

              1910 -- 879

              1921 -- 912

              1930 -- 1,011

              1940 - 1,039

              1948 -- 894

              1961 -- 982

              1970 -- 958

              The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

              I hope this helps.

              {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

              >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>

              Some names for the village over the past years were:

              Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

              The last name was the name given the village by the

              Magnarization in the early 20th century.

              Greg

              --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

              > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.

              > Milan Olle

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                Helen

                It almost makes Slovak-Americans eager to overpay their taxes.

                Thanks again,

                Greg

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                  I note the _almost_. ;-)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                    If she were single, I wouldn't file a return for a little bit of my own money back.

                    ... almost.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                      Thank you. That helps! Especially the post WWII village devastation info. I was wondering why my grandparents house in Pcoline and my uncles house in Zaulzice had the same design. I guess it was a post war govn't funded rebuild plan?

                      ________________________________
                      Here's a little more info from the _Vlastivedny slovnik obci na Slovensku_.

                      population:
                      1869 -- 736
                      1880 -- 729
                      1890 -- 804
                      1900 -- 913
                      1910 -- 879
                      1921 -- 912
                      1930 -- 1,011
                      1940 - 1,039
                      1948 -- 894
                      1961 -- 982
                      1970 -- 958

                      The community was first mentioned in a written document in 1557. It belonged to nobility in Humenne; in the 18th century it belonged to the Csakyov family, and starting in the middle of the 19th century it belonged to the Rollovci family and others. In 1557, the community had 11.5 portals; in 1715 it had 52 abandoned and 18 inhabited homes. In 1720 it had 2 mills, in 1787 it had 135 homes and 948 residents, and in 1828 it had 154 homes and 1,160 residents. The inhabitants farmed, raised livestock, worked in the forests, and made charcoal. In 1831, part of the population emigrated to the Lower Land ("Dol'na zem" was the term used in the past to describe the southern regions of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy. < http://www.radio cz/en/article/ 72162 >) There was another emigration 1900-10. In the fall of 1944, the community was partially destroyed. [The rest of the "history" has to do with communist party activity.]

                      I hope this helps.
                      {All opinions and mistakes my own.}

                      >>> "gregory_kopchak" <greg@iarelative. com> 11/4/2009 7:53 AM >>>
                      Some names for the village over the past years were:

                      Pcoline, Ptsolina, Ptscholina, Pcsolina, and Mehesflava.

                      The last name was the name given the village by the
                      Magnarization in the early 20th century.

                      Greg

                      --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, "Milan" <coolkeytool@ ...> wrote:

                      > I am doing a little geneology which has lead me to questions about my grandparents home town of Pcoline. If anyone can tell me anything about the town of Pcoline Slovakia I would appreciate it.
                      >
                      > Milan Olle

                    • Milan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 11, 2010
                        Are there any members from the village of Pcoline?

                        Milan