RE: [Slovak-World] Sort of off topic - Czech R and the EU

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
      I wish I could have, how was it??!

      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      From: daxthewarrior@...
      Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:25:25 -0800
      Subject: RE: [Slovak-World] Sort of off topic - Czech R and the EU

      Didja make it to the party this weekend, Claudia?

      From: daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com

      Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:40:36 -0800

      Those I spoke w/ while there expressed a strong desire to be independent. It is not so much the currency, but the fact that Brussels w/ dictate a lot of regulations about everything from what can be cooked to how it is to be cooked in restaurants, sanitation and a lot more, including recycling, and virtually every action in daily life. Those who expressed an opinion were adamant against ratification.

      They were also very upset that Germany & France could do whatever they wanted re: their budget deficits (that are well in excess of EU requirements) , but that smaller nations in the EU were lectured by them. There was a lot of resentment against some members not abiding by the rules themselves & they felt that it was hypocritical.

      There is a lot more than that, but it is enough for now.

      But many were silent & I did not know if that was in support or in rejection of those who spoke against. And it is an unscientific survey.

      Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 7:12 PM

      Can anyone explain why the Czech Republic won't ratify the treaty to complete the European Union?

      Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.

      http://www.microsof t.com/Windows/ windows-7/ default.aspx? ocid=PID24727: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WWL_WIN_ evergreen1: 102009

      http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141664/ direct/01/

      http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141664/ direct/01/

      Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
      http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009

    • Ben Sorensen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
        I missed the party?????
        Ohhhhh maaaaaan!!!!
        By the way, Vaclav Klaus just let everyone know that he signed the Lisabon Treaty. It is now signed by all members of the EU.
        Ben