Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Holiday Cooking and Baking

  • mcmburke@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      My mom lived paycheck to paycheck and the only time she bought butter was to bake for the holidays -- I would never bake cookies or pastries with margarine!

      Funny -- I was just thinking about Skeeter, because I have a separate folder with the last few threads with his thoughts on food, and when I saw the first post on Holiday Cooking and Baking, I was thinking that he would be jumping right in!

      I would welcome any ideas for what you consider to be traditional cookies (beyond sugar cookies and kolacki, which are staples of course).