Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Slovak Holiday Cooking and Baking

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      What a silly boy I am, this is the URL and you sign up for the
      newsletter and receive emails with the recipes. I am trying to get
      the chief cook and bottlewasher to have a go at some of the meals.

      http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/b/

      My departed food addict friend Skeeter would approve.

      Laskavy Prosim

      Nick
    • mcmburke@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        My mom lived paycheck to paycheck and the only time she bought butter was to bake for the holidays -- I would never bake cookies or pastries with margarine!

        Funny -- I was just thinking about Skeeter, because I have a separate folder with the last few threads with his thoughts on food, and when I saw the first post on Holiday Cooking and Baking, I was thinking that he would be jumping right in!

        I would welcome any ideas for what you consider to be traditional cookies (beyond sugar cookies and kolacki, which are staples of course).