Re: Slovak Holiday Cooking & Baking

  • gregory_kopchak
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
      Eve:

      My wife went to a farmer's market last week.

      She picked up some real butter.

      A great way to make home baked bread special.

      I could take the difference.

      The USDA ingredients list for the butter was "Heavy Cream, Salt"

      The margarine we have here has "Liquid soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, whey, salt, vegetable mono- and diglycerides, soy lecithin, potassium sorbate, soddium benzonate, artificial flavor, phosphoric acid, vitamin A palmitate, colored with beta carotene" as the ingredients list.

      If you are baking real bread for Thanksgiving, after hours of
      work, why not make it really special with real butter.

      Greg

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...> wrote:

      > Those recipes look great Greg. I book marked the site. Thanks for sharing that.

    • Brown's
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Amen to that Greg. I live in the Dairy State-Wisconsin. I only use real butter. Margarine seems to me to be a veritable chemical cocktail.
        Terrie

      • slovak821@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          I can't even imagine baking with margarine. That is just not a worthy
          ingredient of good food. If you take the time and effort to bake anything, then
          using butter is the only way to go.
          Jacqueline