Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Holiday Cooking and Baking

  • Nick Holcz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      try this site also, it is not all Slovak but great recipes from
      eastern Europe.
      Skeeter would love this discussion.
      About.com Eastern European Food Guide" <easteuropeanfood.guide@...>

      Laskavy Prosim

      Nick
    • gregory_kopchak
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        Nick

        You posted an email address rather than the URL

        Do you have the URL.

        Greg

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

        > try this site also, it is not all Slovak but great recipes from
        > eastern Europe.
        > Skeeter would love this discussion.
        > About.com Eastern European Food Guide" <easteuropeanfood.guide@...>
        >

        > Laskavy Prosim
        >
        > Nick

      • Nick Holcz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          What a silly boy I am, this is the URL and you sign up for the
          newsletter and receive emails with the recipes. I am trying to get
          the chief cook and bottlewasher to have a go at some of the meals.

          http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/b/

          My departed food addict friend Skeeter would approve.

          Laskavy Prosim

          Nick
        • mcmburke@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
            My mom lived paycheck to paycheck and the only time she bought butter was to bake for the holidays -- I would never bake cookies or pastries with margarine!

            Funny -- I was just thinking about Skeeter, because I have a separate folder with the last few threads with his thoughts on food, and when I saw the first post on Holiday Cooking and Baking, I was thinking that he would be jumping right in!

            I would welcome any ideas for what you consider to be traditional cookies (beyond sugar cookies and kolacki, which are staples of course).