Slovak Holiday Cooking & Baking

  • Eve Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      Those recipes look great Greg. I book marked the site. Thanks for sharing that.

    • gregory_kopchak
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
        Eve:

        My wife went to a farmer's market last week.

        She picked up some real butter.

        A great way to make home baked bread special.

        I could take the difference.

        The USDA ingredients list for the butter was "Heavy Cream, Salt"

        The margarine we have here has "Liquid soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, whey, salt, vegetable mono- and diglycerides, soy lecithin, potassium sorbate, soddium benzonate, artificial flavor, phosphoric acid, vitamin A palmitate, colored with beta carotene" as the ingredients list.

        If you are baking real bread for Thanksgiving, after hours of
        work, why not make it really special with real butter.

        Greg

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Eve Smith" <esmith93580@...> wrote:

        > Those recipes look great Greg. I book marked the site. Thanks for sharing that.

      • Brown's
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
          Amen to that Greg. I live in the Dairy State-Wisconsin. I only use real butter. Margarine seems to me to be a veritable chemical cocktail.
          Terrie

        • slovak821@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
            I can't even imagine baking with margarine. That is just not a worthy
            ingredient of good food. If you take the time and effort to bake anything, then
            using butter is the only way to go.
            Jacqueline