Slovak Holiday Cooking and Baking

  • gregory_kopchak
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      With the holiday season starting in a couple weeks,
      now is the time to start thinking about holiday food
      plans.

      Got a question about a food, ask it.

      Got a great recipe to share, let everyone know.

      If you are new to Slovak-World, check out

      http://www.iarelative.com/recipe/index.html

      There are lots of great holiday recipe ideas for adding a
      special Old Country touch to the holiday season this year.

      Greg
    • Nick Holcz
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
        try this site also, it is not all Slovak but great recipes from
        eastern Europe.
        Skeeter would love this discussion.
        About.com Eastern European Food Guide" <easteuropeanfood.guide@...>

        Laskavy Prosim

        Nick
      • gregory_kopchak
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          Nick

          You posted an email address rather than the URL

          Do you have the URL.

          Greg

          --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, Nick Holcz <nickh@...> wrote:

          > try this site also, it is not all Slovak but great recipes from
          > eastern Europe.
          > Skeeter would love this discussion.
          > About.com Eastern European Food Guide" <easteuropeanfood.guide@...>
          >

          > Laskavy Prosim
          >
          > Nick

        • Nick Holcz
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
            What a silly boy I am, this is the URL and you sign up for the
            newsletter and receive emails with the recipes. I am trying to get
            the chief cook and bottlewasher to have a go at some of the meals.

            http://easteuropeanfood.about.com/b/

            My departed food addict friend Skeeter would approve.

            Laskavy Prosim

            Nick
          • mcmburke@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
              My mom lived paycheck to paycheck and the only time she bought butter was to bake for the holidays -- I would never bake cookies or pastries with margarine!

              Funny -- I was just thinking about Skeeter, because I have a separate folder with the last few threads with his thoughts on food, and when I saw the first post on Holiday Cooking and Baking, I was thinking that he would be jumping right in!

              I would welcome any ideas for what you consider to be traditional cookies (beyond sugar cookies and kolacki, which are staples of course).