Sort of off topic - Czech R and the EU

  • Claudia Medvik
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
      Can anyone explain why the Czech Republic won't ratify the treaty to complete the European Union?
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        Those I spoke w/ while there expressed a strong desire to be independent.  It is not so much the currency, but the fact that Brussels w/ dictate a lot of regulations about everything from what can be cooked to how it is to be cooked in restaurants, sanitation and a lot more, including recycling, and virtually every action in daily life.  Those who expressed an opinion were adamant against ratification.

        They were also very upset that Germany & France could do whatever they wanted re: their budget deficits (that are well in excess of EU requirements), but that smaller nations in the EU were lectured by them.  There was a lot of resentment against some members not abiding by the rules themselves & they felt that it was hypocritical.

        There is a lot more than that, but it is enough for now.

        But many were silent & I did not know if that was in support or in rejection of those who spoke against.  And it is an unscientific survey.

        Can anyone explain why the Czech Republic won't ratify the treaty to complete the European Union?

        Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.

        http://www.microsof t.com/Windows/ windows-7/ default.aspx? ocid=PID24727: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WWL_WIN_ evergreen1: 102009

      • Claudia Medvik
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
          That makes sense they want independence. After almost all their

          history having another country 'own them', it must feel like they

          are breathing air for the first time to be independent!

          And it just seems like history is just repeating itself under a new guise of the UE.

          France and Germany still want an empire and are just using a new method to get it.

          One that costs them nothing but gives them all the benefits.

          I would be slow to ever endorse the UE. 2000 years of territorial wars in Europe

          would make me staunchly independent and hard to woo to dance to any other

          country's tune. I can see the UE as a bully more than an asset.

          Claudia

          To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
            Didja make it to the party this weekend, Claudia?

            From: Claudia Medvik <cmmedvik@msn. com>

            To: "SlovakWorld" <slovak-world@ yahoogroups. com>

            Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 7:12 PM

            http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141664/ direct/01/

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
              I wish I could have, how was it??!

              To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
              From: daxthewarrior@...
              Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:25:25 -0800

              Didja make it to the party this weekend, Claudia?

              Can anyone explain why the Czech Republic won't ratify the treaty to complete the European Union?

              Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.

              http://www.microsof t.com/Windows/ windows-7/ default.aspx? ocid=PID24727: :T:WLMTAGL: ON:WL:en- US:WWL_WIN_ evergreen1: 102009

              http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141664/ direct/01/

              http://clk.atdmt com/GBL/go/ 177141664/ direct/01/

              Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
              http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009

            • Ben Sorensen
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 3, 2009
                I missed the party?????
                Ohhhhh maaaaaan!!!!
                By the way, Vaclav Klaus just let everyone know that he signed the Lisabon Treaty. It is now signed by all members of the EU.
                Ben