Re: [Slovak-World] Karol Plicka

    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 22, 2009
      Fascinating links

      --- On Wed, 10/21/09, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...> wrote:

      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Karol Plicka
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 9:43 AM

      Hello all,

      Karol Plicka was one of the greatest collectors of Slovak folkart.. he photographed, filmed, and documented Slovakia when it was still decorated with kroj, wood carvings, and song.  Not that it isn't now... His books are saught after by folklor enthusiasts and by those interested in Slovakia to this day.

      Anyways, as I was sick in bed for it, I didn't get to post this on the right day.  He would have celebrated 115 years on the 14th of October- so here is a belated birthday present for you all-

      http://www.facebook .com/video/ video.php? v=110674885016

      (please let me know if this one works.)

      http://www.jankohra sko.sk/clanky/ clanky/2009/ oktober/karol- plicka-by- oslavil-115- rokov

      and here is the youTube spot for his most famous movie- Zem spieva.

      http://www.youtube com/results? search_query= zem+spieva& search_type= &aq=f

      For the JankoHrasko page, I hear that google does a good job of translating. ...

      Ben

    • Sharon Danko
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 3, 2009
        Thank you for posting this info. Will be at my Fed Ex store tomorrow.

        Sharon