Re: [Slovak-World] Re: Plum Butter Question

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2009
      If the Feds arrested our Dear Martin, they would think the Boston Tea Party was hardly the start of a revolution.

      But I wouldn't put it past 'em.

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2009
        Martin, thanks for the reference. These plums look very much like the
        ones I used. There is no way to really ever identify the actual kinds of
        fruit that any store is selling, except by looking closely. However, I am
        fortunate that, here in the Midwest, there is a good variety of produce
        available.

        I know that I will not be trying to create any classic slivovica--or
        anything else that requires distilling--from scratch. The recipe I have is
        probably just a "kind-of" slivovica that starts out with ripe plums and a vodka
        base. However, if I can still find more of those plums, I might try again
        for slivkovy lekvar, using a different method.

        I'll let you know if anything interesting develops.

        With gratitude,

        B. J.

        B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)