Re: [Slovak-World] travel

  • marilyn murphy
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2009
      good to know, but we will be in the village with family from Presov who also farm in Brezovica so I do not anticipate any issues

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4, 2009
        > unsuspecting person rents or buys and shows up at the home.
        > That is when they figured out they've been had.

        In 1931 such a Czech impresario managed to "sell" a castle to an American businessman:

        <http://tinyurl.com/ydvedau>

        Needless to say, the castle wasn't his. (He later became an informer for the Nazis.)

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 5, 2009
          very interesting.

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 5, 2009

            Sounds as if they just tried to scare you -- as long as you don't owe a fine or have a court date you must return for, I'd say -- don't worry, but I love the story.

            Caye