Re: [Slovak-World] travel

  • bjgolias1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4 3:05 PM
      All,

      What Vlad writes about is true. There are scammers out there trying to
      make a quick buck on pretending to rent vacation homes in USA and other
      countries. In the USA I've read they actually get the title transferred and it
      is up to the original homeowner to prove he really owns the home. The
      unsuspecting person rents or buys and shows up at the home. That is when they
      figured out they've been had. These sales take place over the internet and
      they post the outside pictures of the homes and they post fake pictures of
      the insides of the homes.

      Barb

    • marilyn murphy
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4 5:25 PM
        good to know, but we will be in the village with family from Presov who also farm in Brezovica so I do not anticipate any issues

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 4 7:46 PM
          > unsuspecting person rents or buys and shows up at the home.
          > That is when they figured out they've been had.

          In 1931 such a Czech impresario managed to "sell" a castle to an American businessman:

          <http://tinyurl.com/ydvedau>

          Needless to say, the castle wasn't his. (He later became an informer for the Nazis.)

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 5 6:54 AM
            very interesting.

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 5 7:17 AM

              Sounds as if they just tried to scare you -- as long as you don't owe a fine or have a court date you must return for, I'd say -- don't worry, but I love the story.

              Caye