Re: [Slovak-World] Re: gift traditions

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
      Thank you, Bill & Marylin.  great ideas

      --- On Thu, 10/1/09, marilyn murphy <mjmurph99@...> wrote:

      From: marilyn murphy <mjmurph99@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: gift traditions
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 4:18 PM

      I have found that items from my own locality or something 'typically american' are always appreciated.  My spouse is part Ojibwa so we frequently send (or bring along) american indian items such as  small dream- catchers.  Since I am from PA, sometimes we take Hershey products, crayola if there are kids & slinky's.  Also a calendar with pictures from my state or region, photography books of the region with some bit of history, I have also made small albums of the family in the US thru the generations.

      From: KMC <kmc1026@hotmail. com>
      Subject: [Slovak-World] Re: gift traditions
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 1:37 PM

      I was curious for the answer myself, but it seems that there isn't a
      serious one to come. I don't have a traditional Slovak gift, but I can
      suggest what I've now done 4 times as godmother and has become a
      tradition in my family. I have bought a (gold) religous medallion with a
      chain. Either a patron saint, guardian angel, cross. I pin just the
      medallion on the christening gown and it's worn through the service - you
      may even have the priest bless it. then the child's mother wears it until
      the child is old enough to wear it his/her self.

      just another idea. hope it helps.

      --- In Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com, cerrunos1@.. . wrote:

      > Wow... So close! Perhaps a bible and rosaries, depending on the age.
      Aside from that, I am not aware of any hard-fast traditions.

      > Ben

      saturday, oh well. guess I will just wing it

      > --- On Tue, 9/29/09, cerrunos1@.. . <cerrunos1@. ..> wrote:

      > From: cerrunos1@.. . <cerrunos1@. ..>

      > Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] gift traditions

      > To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      > Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 4:15 PM

      > Hehehehe... This opens up a slew of jokes.

      > Ben

      sufficient. :0) :0) :0)

      > Vilko

      > From: Murph <mjmurph99@yahoo. com>

      present to her godson at the time of the baptism?

      > And, what are the baptism traditions in slovakia in the catholic
      church?

      Medical Billing Careers
      Click here for a Medical Billing Career. Get free info & Apply Today!
      http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ c?cp=V5IzAKJE7X_ XR4uXXuD6YAAAJ1D 4BwlR4ftpi7iFil_ CpFskAAQAAAAFAAA AAHxhGT8AAAMlAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAABN ldAAAAAA=