Hello everyone,

  • Amy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      Hi there...My name is Amy Holland and I live in Pennsylvania USA...I love to travel in Europe. I raise and show hungarian vizsla. I am coming to Prague and Budapest in Oct.6-14th. I would love to find someone to show us around Prague and especailly Hungary. I would like someone who drives...I am willing to pay for the fuel and a gift of $$ for their time. If they speak English that is major PLUS. Anyone in the area can help me please send me a email by next week so that I may plan my time wisely. Vizsla4U@...

      Amy Lu
    • bjgolias1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        Amy,

        My daughter & I showed ourselves around Prague. We had gotten Rick
        Steve's book and another Prague tour book. We divided the city and explored each
        section at a time(careful, cobblestones are sometimes hard to walk on).
        If you are going to St. Vitus Cathedral in the Castle - get there a little
        before 9:00 a.m. It took us 2 days to figure out how to beat the tourist
        traps - get up early. Talk about tacky tourist shops - all in a row wanting
        the same price for the same junk. Yuuuuck. We walked everywhere. Also,
        you might want to take a debit card. Those bankomats are all over and there
        were lots of people getting cash out. We took cash and a regular credit
        card because we didn't trust those bankomats plus I think they charged a lot
        for the transaction. One guide in Prague wanted all cash and we were
        running low on cash so we opted for a tour to Konopiste which accepted regular
        credit cards. For Slovakia, we flew from Prague to Kosice and one of my
        internet friends recommended a guide from Spis Nova Ves. He was great and I
        would recommend him to anyone going to the eastern side of Slovakia. He
        put up with me video taping the cemetery and even helped to find the
        surnames. He arranged for us to visit the church and the records office. We had a
        wonderful experience and can't wait to go back.

        Barb