Re: [Slovak-World] Horehronie - the upper Hron Valley

  • helene cincebeaux
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2009
      Hi Jan - yes i do - i know it is elegant with wonderful colors in the embroidery!

      helene

      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@yahoo. com>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 9:02 PM

      Great Ben - the men's voices from Sumiac are incredible!! !! How nice you put them up so all can enjoy! Love it when Jan Ambroz sings - he has such presence!!!!

      Here is a question for enthnophobes - how interesting that in the gorgeous Horehronie Valley in central Slovakia there are 6 main villages and they are so different! At least in religon, folk dress etc. - my favorites are  Zavadka, Polomka, Helpa, Pohorela, Sumiac, and Telgart.

      The festival in Helpa at the end of June has become my favorite festival in Slovakia - still quite small and authentic.

      helene