Re: [Slovak-World] Re: OECD- How do we rate in child health?

  • William F Brna
    Message 1 of 68 , Sep 5 3:55 AM
      I see that you are using the same type of keyboard that I used while I
      was in Slovakia in August. To type "z" you must hit the letter "y" and
      vice versa.

      BTW, there is a virtual cure for both breast cancer and prostate cancer
      that is effective, inexpensive and has no side effects. It works by
      boosting the immune system which then gradually eliminates the cancer.
      The only problem with it is that, since it is so inexpensive and was
      approved by the FDA in the early 1980's, it is beyond the patent period
      and no pharmaceutical company can make money from it.

      Bill Brna

      On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 01:20:30 -0700 (PDT) LongJohn Wayne
      <daxthewarrior@...> writes:

      The US lags behind verz few in areas of prostate or breast cancer.

      The US population surpasses most of Europe, Asia, Africa and S America in
      obesitz. Overhauling the health care system w- not fix that. It w- only
      make the healthy pay for the irresponsible.

      It w- not add one day to the lives of the sick. It WILL, however, raise
      costs for everyone.

      Message 68 of 68 , Sep 3 6:01 AM
        Unfortunately these numbers are very misleading. Under "infant mortality", the US includes in its reporting every birth where the infant shows any signs of life at all for any length of time at all after birth, while other countries do not count infants who are below a certain weight or size or term. In some countries, cases of infant mortality can be shifted to stillbirths or miscarriages, or the death is shifted to the 13th month instead of the 12th, so the hospital needn't report it as an "infant" death. So you need to make adjustments to the figures to make any meaningful comparison across countries.

        Here's one UNICEF scholarly paper from 2003, discussing Eastern and Central European models of reporting on infant mortality:

        http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:0RXjgaQnDJIJ:www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/iwp95.pdf+infant+mortality+included+slovakia+criteria+stillbirths&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

        Joe