Re: [Slovak-World] Raw milk

    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 5, 2009
      Thanks, Ben

      Made it to Parchovy late AM yest.  Visited the church and then went to the archives just outside Presov.  There, it was too late to gain access, but one of the researchers came downstairs and referred us to the office in Kosice.  None of this was bad.  Driving in SK w- the dramatic scenery is a treat no matter where one goes, w- or w=out detours.

      Thanks for your memories of the shepherds.  Now I know why the bells all sounded different.  We didnt have a guide, only a kind local neighbor who knew of this place.  It was picturesque.  Sorry about my typing, the keys are different here.

      But none the less, I fear that this is a lost art that is going away.

      I had some business to attend to in Kosice so I couldn§t visit the Centrum of the old city, but I did see the Dom, the Opera House on a Fri night and the singing fountains.  It was also a full moon and one of the most romantic spots I§ve ever been.

      Thanks again, Ben.  Unfortunatelz, I am w- some others so it is difficult to deviate from the path w- zour suggestions.  And I am back in Hlucin w- my host now.  If onlz yzou could communicate telepathicallz....

      Off for more sightseeing....

      Chuck
      From: cerrunos1@yahoo. com <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 6:28 PM

      Chuck!
      I am thrilled to hear that you are having a great time in SK.  I wish I were there...
      Ben

      From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

      Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 15:03:55
      To: <Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com>

      Martin:

      What a coincidence.  Today, for the first time in my life, I had my first sip of raw, unpasteurized sheep's milk fresh from the pasture just outside of Stary Lubovna.  I don't suppose that may be slightly OT, but I think it's neat.  Also had some fresh sheep's cheese today that was made earlier in the day, also unpasteurized.

      I cannot describe how peaceful it was in the shadow of the High Tatras, to see the sheep herded in to the pen for evening milking, their tiny bells sounding like a million wind chimes as they approached.

      I am truly blessed to be here.  And to have learned to do such crazy things on this site.  I just learned about the Slovak sheep dogs, and met some lovely pups, and some very well-trained adult Cuvacs.  Incredible animals.

      Off for Parchovany & Kosice tomorrow.  Thank you all for all your help over the years, and for your support!

      Regards,
      Chuck
      Stary Lubovna

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 6, 2009