Re: Hussites in Slovakia

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2009
      John, It looks as if some spaces might have been inserted in the link I published.

      Martin & Julia, Thanks. I will have to go back and reread the 2007 commentary out of curiosity.

      I guess the Hussites passed from towns and castles without devastating the countryside. In our US Civil War Sherman's march through Georgia was supposed to leave total devastation 50 miles wide.

      Ron

      --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@...> wrote:

      > Fascinating.
      >
      > thanks Ron!

      Most of the references I have sen to the Hussites in Slovakia/Hungary have referred to the destruction done by the raids and occupation. I have never seen much detail of the Hussite activities. I don't know if this is due to the Catholic influence on what is written into history, or if Slovak Lutherans and Calvinists share the same histories of the Hussite times. There is an interesting map at