Slovak garden thingamajig

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
      I've uploaded a photo to our group's "photo" section, the album is
      named "Slovak garden." It's a photo of a homemade item in a Slovak
      garden, probably 2.5-3 feet high, made of soda/water bottles. Can
      anyone tell me what its purpose is? spin in the breeze? frighten
      birds out of the garden? Although there are well-grown plants in the
      garden, it looks like there are seedlings at the base of this thing
      (as well as a sort of mock bird made of cloth--the "body" fills and
      empties as the breeze blows--as least that's what it looks like to me.)

      Julie Michutka, gardener
      jmm@...
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        > frighten birds out of the garden?

        Yes, a (plasticine) scarecrow (with a not-quite-looking-glass tie).

        Martin
      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
          Thanks, Martin; I'm always fascinated by what people do in their
          gardens.

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...