Slovak/Eastern European Restaurants in the Detroit area

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27, 2009
      I'm going to be in Detroit in about a week and am wondering if the grop has any suggestions for restaurants with Slovak/ Polish/Eastern European food that you might suggest.

      John
    • Gregory J Kopchak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
        For Polish food, be sure to stop at Stan's Grocery in Hamtramack.

        Stan's Grocery
        11325 Joseph Campau St
        Hamtramck, MI 48212
        (313) 365-1165

        Worth the trip.

        We even have their calendar hanging on our wall this year.

        Greg

      • Kholka@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
          Hello John,

          There are some good Polish restaurants in the Detroit area.  Check out Polonia on Yemens St. in Hamtramck.  Hamtramck is a city within the borders of the city of Detroit.  There are a couple of other Polish restaurants in Hamtramck (Under the Eagle is one), but I like Polonia the best.  In Melvindale, a southwest suburb of Detroit, is Sabina's.  I was there for the first time last week, had the combination plate -- it was delicious.  Sabina's is at 3840 Oakwood Blvd., Melvindale, MI 48122.

          So, I hope I'm not too late getting you this information.

          Dobrú chuť !

          Kathy