Re: [Slovak-World] Re: 40YEARS AGO TODAY

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2009
      Great pictures.  Beautiful family!

      --- On Mon, 6/22/09, BJLK@... <BJLK@...> wrote:

      From: BJLK@... <BJLK@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] Re: 40YEARS AGO TODAY
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, June 22, 2009, 1:26 PM

      Thank you for the pictures from Stara Tura. My late father (Stephen

      Lic^ko)was born there a hundred years ago, but I never knew much about the place

      because he would never talk about his early years while growing up--other

      than to tell me that he was beaten very badly in school whenever he spoke

      Slovak instead of Hungarian. I probably have cousins still living there that

      I don't know about.

      This was very touching coming just after Father's Day.

      B. J.

      ____________ _________ ____

      B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)

      In a message dated 6/22/2009 7:54:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,

      vlinder49@shaw. ca writes:

      Yesterday I went to a play by Toronto Slovak Theater to see HOT SUMMER. It

      was about 1968 and the happenings at the time and people emmigrating.

      Great play. It was so touching for me to see it on my anniversary. That was

      matinee and then I went to another theater in the evening to see AMADEUS

      another touching story.

      Log in to see the ancestral Home comming of Viktory family:

      http://www.lindervi deo.com/VIKTORY/ VIKTORY.htm