Re: [Slovak-World] slightly OT: Prague

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2009
      Julie,
      The website for "Slovenska kniha" < http://www.slovenskeknihy.cz/ > says that it's the only Slovak bookstore in the Czech republic. If you click on "internetovy obchod" on the left, you'll get a page that has the catalog on the left side, by category. The books in a particular category are listed, along with their prices.

      Happy shopping,

      >>> Julie Michutka <jmm@...> 7/8/2009 9:49 PM >>>
      Actually, not really off topic at all, but Prague's not in Slovakia,
      so...

      Anyway, I have a family member going to Prague on business and NOT
      TAKING ME (lack of peniaze). I can send a shopping list, however,
      within reason (weight and money, you know). My question is about
      books. Ben had mentioned some wonderful sounding books a while back,
      I think one was on Slovak kroj, and I'd have to look up the other, and
      I have my own book list. How likely is it that a Czech book store
      would carry Slovak books? The one time I was in Prague, I didn't have
      time to haunt the bookstores, so I don't have a sense of this.

      I know someone is going to think my question is ridiculously ignorant,
      because of course they do (or don't) carry Slovak books in Czech
      bookstores. But ignorant I am, and ignorant I shall remain, unless
      someone answers my question, or I win the lottery in the next 3 days.

      I should go hang out with Ben's wife. We could start our own group,
      "People Who Should Be in Slovakia Right Now (with a side trip to
      Prague) But Aren't". You are all welcome to join.

      Julie Michutka, stuck in rainy rainy Boston
      jmm@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2009
        Thank you, my Slovak Princess(es)!

        I depart for Praha next month!

        The website for "Slovenska kniha" < http://www.slovensk eknihy.cz/ > says that it's the only Slovak bookstore in the Czech republic. If you click on "internetovy obchod" on the left, you'll get a page that has the catalog on the left side, by category. The books in a particular category are listed, along with their prices.

        Happy shopping,

        >>> Julie Michutka <jmm@pathbridge. net> 7/8/2009 9:49 PM >>>

        Actually, not really off topic at all, but Prague's not in Slovakia,

        so...

        Anyway, I have a family member going to Prague on business and NOT

        TAKING ME (lack of peniaze). I can send a shopping list, however,

        within reason (weight and money, you know). My question is about

        books. Ben had mentioned some wonderful sounding books a while back,

        I think one was on Slovak kroj, and I'd have to look up the other, and

        I have my own book list. How likely is it that a Czech book store

        would carry Slovak books? The one time I was in Prague, I didn't have

        time to haunt the bookstores, so I don't have a sense of this.

        I know someone is going to think my question is ridiculously ignorant,

        because of course they do (or don't) carry Slovak books in Czech

        bookstores. But ignorant I am, and ignorant I shall remain, unless

        someone answers my question, or I win the lottery in the next 3 days.

        I should go hang out with Ben's wife. We could start our own group,

        "People Who Should Be in Slovakia Right Now (with a side trip to

        Prague) But Aren't". You are all welcome to join.

        Julie Michutka, stuck in rainy rainy Boston

        jmm@pathbridge. net

      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2009
          On Jul 9, 2009, at 9:38 AM, Helen Fedor wrote:

          > Julie,
          > The website for "Slovenska kniha" < http://www.slovenskeknihy.cz/ >
          > says that it's the only Slovak bookstore in the Czech republic.

          Thanks, Helen!

          Julie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2009
            Your tax dollar$ at work. :-)