Searching for Pisko/Pavelkos in Slovakia

  • Roxanne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi everyone! I am searching for info or anyone that could help me look for info on my maternal ancestors from Slovakia. My great-great grandmother was Julia Pisko who married an Andrew Pisko. Her daughter was Anna Pisko who married Joseph Pavelko. I have his naturalization paper from 1921.

      Does anyone here know how I can even *begin* searching for some sort of paperwork on Julia or Andrew?? Or does any of this sound familiar to anyone out there? The name "Pisko" I've seen come up more often than not as a Jewish surname but I have nothing to link this with my family.

      Thanks so much for your help.

      Roxanne
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009