Re: [Slovak-World] Re: 40YEARS AGO TODAY

  • BJLK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2009
      Vlad,

      Thank you for the pictures from Stara Tura. My late father (Stephen
      Lic^ko)was born there a hundred years ago, but I never knew much about the place
      because he would never talk about his early years while growing up--other
      than to tell me that he was beaten very badly in school whenever he spoke
      Slovak instead of Hungarian. I probably have cousins still living there that
      I don't know about.

      This was very touching coming just after Father's Day.

      B. J.

      _________________________
      B. J. Licko-Keel (BJLK@...)

      In a message dated 6/22/2009 7:54:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      vlinder49@... writes:

      Yesterday I went to a play by Toronto Slovak Theater to see HOT SUMMER. It
      was about 1968 and the happenings at the time and people emmigrating.
      Great play. It was so touching for me to see it on my anniversary. That was
      matinee and then I went to another theater in the evening to see AMADEUS
      another touching story.

      Log in to see the ancestral Home comming of Viktory family:
      http://www.lindervideo.com/VIKTORY/VIKTORY.htm

      Vladi

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 23, 2009
        Thanks for what you did, Vlad.