Re: Slovakia Update

  • Julie Michutka
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      On Jul 1, 2009, at 12:24 PM, helene cincebeaux wrote:

      > Penzions are the best deal - hotels are often over 100 euros a night.

      I loved staying in penzions on my last trip (2006). I had very good
      luck choosing them from a guidebook and making reservations online
      ahead of time. The only possible downside I'd make people aware of
      was that *in my experience* we were less likely to find English-
      speaking staff at a penzion vs a hotel. I didn't mind that, but
      others might.

      Sorry to hear Banska Stiavnica is so inaccessible; maybe it'll be
      better by the time I can return (2010?)

      Julie Michutka, wishing I were there
      jmm@...
    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009

        Helene, wave at those road workers, one is my cousin's husband -- so build on Slovakia, and enjoy Helene, wish I were there!

        Caye

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
          > I felt so JIPPED! (If that is how you spell it.)

          Gypped. It's from _gypsy_, shows the old bias, just like the Slovak and Polish _ciganit/cyganic_ with the same origin and a similar meaning.

          > How is/was Slovakia?

          Well...

          <http://tinyurl.com/l9a76p>