DDay

  • Russell McCoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2009
      Off topic but appropriate for today, I think. Although I did not serve in WWII obviously, I found it pleasantly coincidental that I received the GWOT Civilian award in a ceremony this week for my time in Afghanistan last year. I'm prouder of this award than all the others I got during my time in the army. If you'd like to see what the medal looks like, check out my site where I've posted a picture of it.

      And, let's remember the real heroes who gave their lives 65 years ago so that we could continue to live in freedom.

      Russ
      http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/
    • floriansimala
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2009
        Congratulations, Russ! That's a wonderful award which is richly deserved for going to a very dangerous place to work on behalf of the nation and all of us citizens.

        Florian

        --- In Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com, "Russell McCoy" <mccoy4984@...> wrote:

        > Off topic but appropriate for today, I think. Although I did not serve in WWII obviously, I found it pleasantly coincidental that I received the GWOT Civilian award in a ceremony this week for my time in Afghanistan last year. I'm prouder of this award than all the others I got during my time in the army. If you'd like to see what the medal looks like, check out my site where I've posted a picture of it.
        >
        > And, let's remember the real heroes who gave their lives 65 years ago so that we could continue to live in freedom.
        >
        > Russ
        > http://travldawrld.blogspot.com/

      • Edie Sando
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
          Congratulations to you for the award. Thank you for your time served in Afghanistan. I think that we all need to say thank you more to the people who are serving and keeping our country safe.
          Thank you,
          Edith "Edie" Sando