Re: Mailing a package to Slovakia

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2009
      keep in mind that the dollar is quite lowab
      nd that will affect the relative value of what you send. I am currently in the Cyech Republic and the dollar will buy 18.5 Crowns. It will also buy 70 Euro cents.

      It is easier buying what I need here without considering the exchange rate, which makes it appear too expensive.

      Ron
    • PRabich@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
        Hi,

        Try the flat rate to Slovakia. It doesn't matter the weight, it just must
        fit in a specific size box which you can get at the post office for free.
        I found that was the better option when my exchange student sent her
        parents a package. It really didn't take that long. That was at Christmas 2008.
        She didn't send any packages lately.

        Pat Rabich aka Rebic(k) Benetis

        Steps!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun
        eExcfooterNO62)

      • byza7@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2009
          Pat,

          Just recently I was in the U.S. post office and questioned them about
          their current "flat rate" charge and sizes of boxes.

          Even their LARGE box is rather small if shipping a large quantity to the
          Slovak Republic. Best to check the post office boxes first hand because my
          idea of a large box could be very different from others.

          David Novak

          In a message dated 6/1/2009 8:52:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          PRabich@... writes:

          Hi,

          Try the flat rate to Slovakia. It doesn't matter the weight, it just must
          fit in a specific size box which you can get at the post office for free.
          I found that was the better option when my exchange student sent her
          parents a package. It really didn't take that long. That was at Christmas
          2008.
          She didn't send any packages lately.

          Pat Rabich aka Rebic(k) Benetis

          ************************<WBR>**An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Your
          Steps!
          (_http://pr.atwola.http://pr.atwhttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.ht
          tp://pr.ahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwolahttp://pr.atwo&<WBR>hmpg&<WBR>bc_
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377040x1201454360/aol?redir=http
          ://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun)
          eExcfooterNO62)

          cntnew00000007)

        • George Dolak
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
            This is not Rocket Science.
            The United States Postal Service posts the rates and conditions on line.

            From experience I will correct the information in some of the previous posts:

            There is a limit to the weight one can internationally ship in the Priority Mail Large Flat Rate box - it is 20 pounds.

            The volume of the box is one half a cubic foot: 12 inches X 12 inches X 6 inches deep. These are the outside dimensions of the box provided free by the USPS.
            Therefore the inside dimensions are reduced by about one quarter inch in each measurement.

            If you can fit your items into this carton and the total weight exceeds about 6 pounds, you are matching the cost of sending the same parcel via parcel post. If your total weight exceeds 6 pounds but is less than 20 pounds - you are getting a good deal since anything in excess of 6 pounds is traveling free.
          • Gergely
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2009
              No that is understandable!
              Good work.
              Jack Gergely
              Newport News

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2009
                There is no Parcel Post available for international shipping anymore.
                Parcel Post has been absorbed by Priority Mail International and First-Class
                Mail International. The USPS international shipping methods to Slovakia are
                those listed below. Parcel Post is still available for domestic shipments
                within the USA but quite often, depending on distance, the rates end up
                being only a few cents different than Priority Mail.

                Global Express Guaranteed --- Very Expensive but is very quick with a
                guaranteed delivery time.

                Express Mail International --- Next Most Costly and Quite Quick.

                Express Mail International - Flat Rate --- Pretty much the same a George
                describedthe Priority mailing.

                Priority Mail International --- Somewhat Costly -- Priority Option if over
                the 20 Pounds of the Flat Rate.

                Priority Mail International - Flat Rate --- Once again pretty much as
                George described it.

                First-Class Mail International --- Lowest Cost but is limited to a max of
                of 4 pounds - It but can be slow.

                Once again this web page pretty much describes and gives the cost in table
                format for each form of shipping that it currently available by the USPS.
                It also describes Insurance and Customs Form requirements and also lists the
                items that are Prohibited and Restricted.

                http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/ps_028.htm#ep1636056

                The link below is a list of all countries and a link to the shipping
                information that the USPS will deliver packages and letters to.

                http://pe.usps.com/text/Imm/immctry.htm