Detroit Area Slovak Festival

  • Kholka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2009
      Hello All,

      There is a Slovak Festival in Sterling Heights, Michigan on Aug. 28 - Aug. 30, 2009.? There will be great Slovak food and Slovak folk dancing as entertainment.? I will post more information when we finalize our entertainment program.? We have our local Sarisan Slovak Folk Ensemble performing?and Milan Straka, the director of the group and former member of Sarisan in Slovakia, is working on getting groups from out of state.? Last year's program was one of the best in years -- we had our Sarisan group, the Veselica Slovak Folk Band from Chicago, and the Vychodna Slovak Dancers from Toronto.

      In coming months more information will be posted at www.saintcyrils.org .

      Thank you.

      Kathy