RE: [Slovak-World] Crazy, Stupid emails

  • Donna Manuel
    Message 1 of 9 , May 19, 2009
      I don't know why I'm just now seeing this, but I want to say "Thank you."  I feel really bad for the person to whom it originally happened and hope that she was able to get it all straightened around; we share the same first name, and that may have caused some confusion as well.   But there was no reason for one to get all bent out of shape about a mistake in emails......no one else seemed to do so.
      People like that don't impress me, nor do they intimidate me.  I was just as guilty of the name calling, though mine wasn't quite as vicious, so I will apologize to MOST of the board for MY part in the first place, because it was tying up the board somewhat.  However, the dialog got to where it was really comical to me.  Guess I shouldn't say that but it's true.
      But being relatively (no pun intended) new to the board, I imagine that a lot has been contributed by the people who have been here for a while especially when one visits a country bunches of times.  I'll be going next year on one of Helene's trips but I don't know which one just yet.
       Again, many thanks for the kind words and understanding.  I'm glad a few of you do, and if it happens again, I'll know it's a mistake and just delete it; it wasn't a big deal then and won't be again, only a curiosity.   :>)  I love being even a small part of this board.
      Have a great day,
      Donna Manuel

      From: Jim M <bdgranpa3@verizon. net>
      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 4:56 PM

      Not everyone is a computer expert even the most vocal one. If you enjoy

      using a computer and get joy out of it, that is what matters.

      Calling people retards, dumb etc. happens once or twice a year. Maybe at

      full moons, low blood sugar, etc. Seems like the same exact words each time.

      So keep on using the computer and get as much enjoyment out of it as you

      want. Don't let anyone insult you or call you names unless you know of that

      person - and you do now.

      By the way, I never heard of what degrees, certificates, etc. that he

      possesses other than frequent trips to Slovakia.

      Nevertheless, he has done a lot for this forum and he might even be a very

      nice person - just not one with a lot of patience or the ability to hit the

      delete key instead of verbally abusing those who don't know that much about

      computer matters.

      So keep on computing!

      From: Donna <lacsni@... <mailto:lacsni% 40aol.com> >

      Subject: [Slovak-World] Crazy, Stupid emails

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:Slovak- World%40yahoogro ups.com>

      Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 5:39 PM

      I am sorry somehow computer technology created havic to anyone that are on

      all my groups and my email list. How in the world it happened I don't know.

      I just hope it doesn't happen again.

      My life consists of peaceful emails and finding as much as I can about my

      dear ancestors from Spisska Nova Ves.

      I am sorry you all had to get the email.

      Donna Lachney

      _____

      I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfigh ter.com/len>

      .