Re: [Slovak-World] Slovak Festivals

  • Donna Manuel
    Message 1 of 43 , May 18, 2009
       I just did a quick search and found this site for a Czech Slovak Festival in NY.  Not sure what it all entails.  There's a huge Czech festival in Omaha every year as well, but I don't know the dates.

      Saturday May 23, 2009 and Sunday May 24, 2009 - Czech Slovak Festival

      Featuring Live Entertainment
      Brass Pilsner Band
      Czech and Slovak Schools' Children

      EXCELLENT question.

      They would be even more well attended if we could get advance notice for 2010.  I work in a very regimented environment that will not often allow changes to my schedule due to the schedules of my co-workers.

      Thanks, Ben!

      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@yahoo. com>

      Subject: [Slovak-World] Change of subject

      To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 11:45 AM

      Hey all, getting this thread out of a rut....

      Let's go back to Slovak stuff.

      There was a Greek festival in Wilmington last weekend, and it was wonderful! Now, because they had the Ukrainian shop there- wooo hooo!- it got me wondering about the Slovak festival season.

      Has anyone put together a calendar of festivals in the USA and in Slovakia? I know that the first weekend in July is Vychodna, the second is Detva- but what about Zamagurske and Terchova, and the others? :-) What are some in the USA?

      Ben

    • Barbara
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 6, 2012
        That would be nice if we could get together sometime in Autumn,summer is too hot. I live in New Haven,Ky. It is 15 miles south of Bardstown which is also about 60 miles south of Louisville.