RE: POT AND KETTLE and poor Alice

  • Donna Manuel
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2009
       NOW THERE'S THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!!
      Again, YOU are the one who started with the smart aleck remarks, NOT I, so you're cordially invited to shut up. How long  does it take for you to comprehend that someone apologized for the mistake?  I don't take crap from anyone, especially some one who thinks he's a dictator.  Now, have a blessed evening.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2009
        Sites like Facebook and MySpace get your whole address book and "invite" everyone to join you!??
        Certainly it?was not her fault that it happened.

        ?NOW THERE'S THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK!!
        Again, YOU are the one who started with the smart aleck remarks, NOT I, so you're cordially invited to?shut up.?How?long ?does it take for you to comprehend that someone apologized for the mistake?? I don't take crap from anyone, especially?some one who?thinks he's?a dictator.??Now, have a blessed evening.
        ?
        ?
        ?

        At 06:47 PM 5/17/2009, you wrote:

        >Then why are YOU wasting YOUR time? Go eat. Your blood sugar is low.

      • Julie Michutka
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2009
          On May 18, 2009, at 12:03 AM, AltoClar@... wrote:

          > Sites like Facebook and MySpace get your whole address book and
          > "invite" everyone to join you!??

          As far as I can tell (as a facebook user), it can tiptoe through your
          address book only if you allow it. For example, if you want to see if
          your friends are already on facebook, you can put a name or email
          address in the search box, or you can sign in where it says "Find
          People You Email: Searching your email account is the fastest and most
          effective way to find your friends on Facebook." There are also
          applications within facebook that will raid your address book, for
          example if you want to access Living Social so you can list "5 places
          you've been", you get a page that says "Allowing LivingSocial access
          will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info,
          and other content that it requires to work" and then you can click
          "allow" or "cancel." (Facebook has a number of privacy settings, but
          that little phrase in the applications permission--"your friends'
          info"--bothers me; not sure how to disallow applications that my
          friends use from seeing *my* info.)

          I get the impression that a lot of people don't mind (?!) having their
          their info on their computer looked at by random applications and who-
          knows-what. Or maybe I'm just big on boundaries, even electronic ones.

          Julie Michutka
          jmm@...
        • Jim M
          Message 4 of 4 , May 18, 2009
            A good rule of thumb is not let your profile be published or made available
            to others. Same is true with your email - say I don't want my email address
            made available. There are always options like this available on these
            sites.

            jmm@... <mailto:jmm%40pathbridge.net>

            _____

            .