Untangling the Greek Catholic-Roman Catholic-Orthodox confusion

  • Charlotte Conjelko
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2009
      Seems to be lots of people trying to figure out the Greek Catholic-Roman Catholic-Orthodox confusion in Slovakia.

      "Glory to Jesus Christ: A History of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese" by Fr. Lawrence Barringer has a good accounting of what happened in the land of our forebearers starting with the Patriarch of Constantinop sending Ss. Cyril and Methodios there in 862.

      The book is available from Christ the Saviour Seminary Bookstore at this website: www.Orthodoxgoods.com.  When the home page comes up, click on books and then church history which will bring up the book which sells for $14.95 plus S&H.

      Happy reading,
      Charlotte Pribish Conjelko

      Message 2 of 7 , May 6, 2009
        Unfortunately, I get diverted to Orthodox Jobs website.  No books link is obvious.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 7, 2009
          That's weird.  Must be something in your air as I just tried it and it came right up.

          Try http://www.orthodoxgoods.com or just click on this.  I never have any trouble and I don't even use the http:// part.

          Charlotte

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2009
            Came up perfectly this time.

            Not sure why it went to Orthodox Jobs last time.

            Go figger.

            From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

            To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 7:33 PM

            From: Charlotte Conjelko <charr61pribish@ yahoo.com>

            To: "Slovak-Roots" <slovak-roots@ yahoogroups. com>, "Slovak-World" <slovak-world@ yahoogroups. com>, "Jakubany Group" <jakubany@yahoogrou p s.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2009
              There are gremlins that live in computers and the ethers.
              Charlotte

              Message 6 of 7 , May 10, 2009
                Probably Satanic.

                From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

                To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

                From: Charlotte Conjelko <charr61pribish@ yahoo.com>

                To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

                From: LongJohn Wayne <daxthewarrior@ yahoo.com>

                To: Slovak-World@ yahoogroups. com

                Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 7:33 PM

                From: Charlotte Conjelko <charr61pribish@ yahoo.com>

                To: "Slovak-Roots" <slovak-roots@ yahoogroups. com>, "Slovak-World" <slovak-world@ yahoogroups. com>, "Jakubany Group" <jakubany@yahoogrou p s.com>

                Message 7 of 7 , May 10, 2009

                  Interesting articles on the Greek Orthodox Rites
                  George

                  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06752a.htm