Re: [Slovak-World] Saturday - The Euro Takes Over.

  • Gergely
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 14, 2009
      John,
      Intersting that your email should show up today. My wife is preparing a little talk on Slovakia for her soroity, and I had just mentioned the coin, and can't remember wher eI keep it.
      I'm impressed with the price quote. I didn't thinkl European coins brought much money.
      Jack Gergely
      Newport News
      From: Gergely <gergely@...>
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 3:03 PM

      Not sure. I think probably from Grandma's house. I just re-located in
      stuff from her house.

      It's about the size of a nickel.

      The front says 1Ks and has a wheat grain design.

      The reverse says Slovenska Republika 1942 (my birthyear!!! ) and has the
      Slovak crest in the middle.

      In the same package is a 1939 2 mark piece with the eagle sitting on a
      Swastika.

      Hmmmm.

      G'ma used to send US cash over hidden in cereal boxes and clothing lining
      directly after the war, when the family was living in tents. Maybe these
      were sent back as thank you mementos? They were both probably valueless by
      then.

      Jack Gergely

      Newport News

      From: Martin Votruba <votrubam@yahoo. com>