Re: [Slovak-World] Cookbook - Slovak (And Recipe for Paska)

  • Michelle Burke
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 4, 2009
      Thanks for the info -- I'm always interested in new sources for old recipes!

      I have a Question -- I'd like to make Paska for Easter, and the picture in the Anniversary Slovak-American Cookbook (Catholic Slovak Ladies Cookbook) is exactly how I remember my grandmother's Paska (and who can forget taking the basket of Easter food to Church on Holy Saturday for blessing?), but the recipe in the book seems to make a ring cake, not a "top hat" loaf.  Any other recipes out there for Paska, where the bread ends up round, with a higher center "puff", and not in a ring?

      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 12, 2009
        > "Hruda" was my second guess. I live, I learn.

        To add a saying, there is no royal road to learning: