Re: [Slovak-World] List your surnames in Slovak Pride

  • Ben Sorensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3 8:25 AM
      Hey Helene-
      Put me on the waiting list :-)
      Ben

      --- On Fri, 4/3/09, helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...> wrote:

      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
      Subject: Re: [Slovak-World] List your surnames in Slovak Pride
      To: Slovak-World@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 9:53 AM

      HI Julie -

      Anyone can list their surnames in the Slovak Pride database - the more the merrier - just e mail or write or call me - all i need is the surname and the village where the person lived if known. My contact info is at the end of this message.

      The Slovak Pride data base is available on line in several places but have an additional 2,500 listings to be added in an update i am working on. Right now have 28,339 listings and the on line ones include surnames from neighboring countries also.

      I am taking orders now for the Slovak Pride book which will carry some 20,000 surnames and corresponding villages only places currently in Slovakia (had to limit due to size and cost constraints) . It has designer covers and will include  coats of arms of the old counties or Zupy, some city and village coats of arms, info on historic towns, many photos, engravings, a whimsical baptismal certificate etc.

      the 100 page Slovak Pride book will cost $20 plus $2.50 for postage and handling and publication will be in May or early June.

      if you would like to order one you can contact Helene Cincebeaux directly at helenezx@aol. com.

      hope this answers your questions julie. So nice to hear from you - wish i could have been at the picnic!

      helene