Cookbook - Slovak

  • brubar1955
    Message 1 of 38 , Apr 3 7:12 AM
      The subject of food has come up quite a bit in the group and I once purchased a cookbook from St Michael's Church in Binghamton NY that had a designated section for traditional Slovak Christmas Eve and Easter recipes. When I contacted the church about the availability of the cookbook he told me that they are creating a new edition of the cookbook so it's not available at the present time.

      However, Fr Dutko did say ".....We do have a cookbook that was complied by some clergy wives which has many many traditional recipes from Central and Eastern Europe. That book is called "Panis' Cookbook." The cost is $15, including postage. If you would like a copy, please send a check made out to "St. Michael's." The address is St. MIchael's Church Office 296 Clinton Street, Binghamton, NY 13905.

      This may be of some interest to our "Slovak Cooks."

      Marylea Bogosta Barlow
    • Martin Votruba
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 12 1:36 PM
        > "Hruda" was my second guess. I live, I learn.

        To add a saying, there is no royal road to learning: