Re: [Slovak-World] List your surnames in Slovak Pride

  • Matchett
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009
      Helene,

      There's an elderly man from Slovakia who comes to my CZ-SK picnic each
      year. He does not have a computer, but was interested in listing his
      surname.

      How would he go about listing in the Slovak Pride data base? I have
      some old copies of listings that he saw at the picnic. How can he get
      a future copy? Or will this all be available on line?

      Julia Matchett

      On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:51 AM, helene cincebeaux wrote:

      > Dear Eve,
      >
      > Thanks so much for writing. Where did your family come from in
      > Liptov? and what was your elusive grandfather's surname?
      >
      > Don't seem to have you listed in the Slovak Pride data base - we
      > have some 28,000 listings of Slovak surnames and villages -
      >
      > Everyone is welcome to list their surnames - will be publishing
      > soon.
      >
      > helene

    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009
        HI Julie -

        Anyone can list their surnames in the Slovak Pride database - the more the merrier - just e mail or write or call me - all i need is the surname and the village where the person lived if known. My contact info is at the end of this message.

        The Slovak Pride data base is available on line in several places but have an additional 2,500 listings to be added in an update i am working on. Right now have 28,339 listings and the on line ones include surnames from neighboring countries also.

        I am taking orders now for the Slovak Pride book which will carry some 20,000 surnames and corresponding villages only places currently in Slovakia (had to limit due to size and cost constraints). It has designer covers and will include  coats of arms of the old counties or Zupy, some city and village coats of arms, info on historic towns, many photos, engravings, a whimsical baptismal certificate etc.

        the 100 page Slovak Pride book will cost $20 plus $2.50 for postage and handling and publication will be in May or early June.

        if you would like to order one you can contact Helene Cincebeaux directly at helenezx@....

        hope this answers your questions julie. So nice to hear from you - wish i could have been at the picnic!

        helene

        There's an elderly man from Slovakia who comes to my CZ-SK picnic each
        year. He does not have a computer, but was interested in listing his
        surname.

        How would he go about listing in the Slovak Pride data base? I have
        some old copies of listings that he saw at the picnic. How can he get
        a future copy? Or will this all be available on line?

        Julia Matchett

        On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:51 AM, helene cincebeaux wrote:

        > Dear Eve,
        >
        > Thanks so much for writing. Where did your family come from in
        > Liptov? and what was your elusive grandfather' s surname?
        >
        > Don't seem to have you listed in the Slovak Pride data base - we
        > have some 28,000 listings of Slovak surnames and villages -
        >
        > Everyone is welcome to list their surnames - will be publishing
        > soon.
        >
        > helene

      • Ben Sorensen
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2009